Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nas Speaks on Never Winning a Grammy

In his 20 year career, Nas has been nominated for a Grammy award 13 times, but has never taken one home. It leaves one to wonder what criteria the Grammy organizers look at before dishing out their awards. But, I guess we all know that, in the Hip Hop category, the Grammies look for the most popular rapper (that is liked by not just the blacks, but white America too) with huge commercial success to hand over the award to. Nas was at the Paley Center for Media (New York) recently and was asked by an interviewer what he feels about never winning a Grammy, and he said...






"I like that the Grammys nominated me. The Tanning of America. I know the hugest platform for music is the Grammys, it matters .?.?. but something that huge is never gonna get it right. So it's OK. It gives me the opportunity to wear a nice suit on a red carpet. As far as the state of rap music, it's a lot of jingles .?.?. And that's cool .?.?. I see a lot of young black kids making money, and I'm very happy with that." (New York Post)















Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar