Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PUNCH NEEDLE

Sometimes I have to ask myself if I have been living in an alternate universe.

I kept seeing these beautiful wall hangings, pillows, etc. and while admiring them I failed to ask myself how they were made. 

Then suddenly yesterday a light shone through my window (quite possibly the lost sun) and there was a revelation. 

There is a craft called punch needle.

punch needle

What Is Punch Needle

Punch needle is a form of embroidery that is related to rug hooking. 

Last week I talked about embroidery here and how I am planning to take it back up again.

However, I have always been fascinated with rug hooking and I think that punch needle might be something I can actually do.


Like rug hooking, punch needle is made from a series of loops which creates a highly textured design.

Unlike traditional embroidery punch needle pushes the yarn or thread into the fabric while keeping the needle on the surface.

Punch Needle Difficulty

There are all levels of punch needle ranging from beginner to professional.

If you are confused about where to start, like me, there are beginner books.

This book will give you the information you need on how to get started, plus 12 patterns.


Once you have mastered the art you may want to move on to more elaborate projcts.

I have always wanted to learn how to hook my own rug. 

punch needle rug hooking book


Everything I have read says that punch needle is easy to learn and to master.

Sounds great to me.

Punch Needle Kits And Patterns



These are all going on my wish list to be purchased after I retrieve the arm and the leg I had to give for my car repair.

Have you ever tried punch needle?

punch needle

This post contains affiliate links for which I may receive a small commission when you make a purchase after clicking on them. This in no way affects your cost.





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar