Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

YOP Week #45

I have a finish!!!  The Giant Granny Square blanket is done, ends woven in and washed and dried!  Ready to be put into use.....probably next Fall/Winter.............I may make another one as I still have lots of old acrylic yarn to use and it's great for that!

It was Stitch Maynia, of course, so I worked on cross stitch projects each day and you can check back on my daily posts if you want to see them.  Yesterday was a project I couldn't find so I jumped ahead to Day #9 and worked on the 2nd and last new start for this Stitch Maynia year.  I will be working on it today too...........a red alphabet sampler.........Stitch Maynia Day #9


I look ahead to the next days project which will be Day #10 tomorrow and discovered a "dilemma"......I love this piece by Heartstring Samplery.  It is a quote from the Bible.........Isaiah 6-11

Here is my progress from last year...........if you look closely you can tell there is no way I am going to fit "re wron-" on to the end of that "a"!  I measured it and sure enough.....I cut the fabric the wrong size!

So, I need to find or order a bigger piece and start over.   As I always say....it could be worse.  If I have fabric on hand I can work on it tomorrow otherwise I will need to, once again, jump ahead. 

I decided that I will probably always have a pair of socks on the go and also a blanket.  I love making crocheted blankets as you can memorize the pattern and just pick it up and get to work.  Great for watching t.v. too.  I have several WIP blankets so I pulled one out last night...... The Victorian Lattice blanket.  I think a few of you have made this already.  This is where I left off.  I started the light blue square last night.  This is made using my Stylecraft Special DK and it is very soft.  It is acrylic and washes and dries up beautifully.  I'm not sure how big I will make it.  I was thinking maybe as wide as my 2 chairs in my family room and long enough to go over the back and the seat of the chairs. 


 I got "treasures" in the mail yesterday!  Just in time for Mother's Day!  These are all patterns and kits from Bareroots............I always like to make something each year for each holiday .....these will take care of the ones this summer...........

This is a kit with all the materials to make this cute birthday candle mat........

Another kit with all the materials ....these are wool felt applique...........

and these................for Valentine's Day...........

I promised my self I have to finish my snowman wool applique first though....

This coming week is more gardening as it has been raining so I haven't been able to get out there (or I had other things to do)........it stormed early this morning and is getting ready to storm again. I will be hopefully, finishing up the fox scarf, and a XS finish, socks, blanket, and of course, Stitch Maynia!

I fed the hummers this morning...their syrup only lasts about 2 days!  They are hungry and I think there are more this year.  I  made baked beans earlier this morning, brats yesterday, and now I need to make potato salad and a fruit pizza.   That should keep me happy for a few days! LOL!

I hope you are all well and having a Happy Mother's Day (here in the U.S)!

Happy Trails!!!
 










 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar